Our Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member's critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
Multi-Factor Authentication Added To e~Branch
To make your online banking experience as secure as possible, we have added a new security feature called Multi-Factor Authentication, or MFA. MFA is a new security system and adds an extra layer of protection for your online account management service. This new security feature requires you to answer personal questions and register your computer to better verify who is accessing your account.
Protect Yourself from Predators
Identity theft has become the fastest-growing crime in America.
Read these best practices that may help reduce the risk of losing your identity.
What to Do if It Happens to You
Identity theft is a quickly growing crime. What should you do if it happens to you?
Click here for some tips.
How to Protect Yourself from Credit Card Fraud
When another person succeeds in using your credit information to commit credit fraud, it can cause a lot of hassle in your life.
Learn how to protect yourself!
Financial privacy is a top priority of Family Financial Credit Union. We are required by law to explain how we collect, use, and safeguard our members' personal financial information.
We are committed to providing competitive products and services to meet our members' financial needs, which necessitates we share information to complete member transactions and to provide certain financial opportunities. In order to do so we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional products for our members to consider.
We may disclose the information we collect to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them.
We collect the following non-public personal information from a variety of sources and may disclose all the information we collect:
- From membership and loan applications and other forms, we obtain information such as name, address, social security number, and income.
- From member transactions with us or other companies that work closely with us to provide financial products and services, we obtain information such as account balances, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage.
- From consumers reporting agencies, we obtain information such as credit worthiness and credit history.
- From verifications on information provided on applications and other forms, we obtain information from current or past employers, other financial institutions and other sources listed on the application.
We may also disclose information under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures include information to process transactions for our members, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow instructions authorized by our members, or protect the security of our financial records.
We will not share information about a former member whose relationship with Family Financial Credit Union has been terminated except as permitted or required by law.
We restrict access to non-public personal information about our members to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing this data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard our members non-public personal information.
Notices, Terms & Conditions
Family Financial Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of our members. In general, you can visit us on the World Wide Web without disclosing to us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are several areas, however, that will collect certain information about you and we want you to know how we handle that information.
If you visit our website, Family Financial Credit Union collects and stores information on the domain you use to access our website, the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the site, and the date and time of your visit. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various pages on our site to better serve our membership.
If you send an e-mail, Family Financial Credit Union collects and stores personally-identifying information in order to process your e-mail, form or application. This information is not sold to any third parties. Due to the volume of e-mail activity, these messages are deleted after they are answered or completed.
If you visit a secure site, such as home banking, you will be asked for personal identification numbers which will give you access to the member only section of our website. This information enables Family Financial Credit Union to regulate entry to the member only portions of our website and to measure member usage. Any identifying information gathered is not sold to third parties.
If you link to another site from any of our pages, you are leaving our site pages, and we cannot be held responsible for any information that may be gathered at a linked site. We make every effort however, to ensure that all linked sites follow similar privacy policies as ours to offer you maximum security and privacy. Links from our website are provided for your convenience only. These linked sites are separate from our credit union?s website. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any linked third party websites or the privacy practices of such third parties. In addition, a link from our website to another does not indicate that Family Financial Credit Union endorses the services or policies of such third party websites. You should always investigate the information practices of all websites that you access and carefully examine the privacy policies of any websites linking to or from our website. Information collected from the linked websites will be subject to the information practices of those websites.